Frigate possibilities for Epic and I-War

More
20 years 4 months ago #8258 by Cormorant
@Shane: Just emailed you with the problems I've encountered. Nothing that couldn't be solved, though.

@all: I'll post a screenie as soon as she's in-game (I-War 1) in full beauty.

The class name "Liberator" also sounds pretty cool. Shorter and more powerful than "Expect Liberation". In fact, I consider to use it as the ship's and campaign's name.

Imagine a class (hi-)story like this: Indies steal the prototype of the brand-new experimental Navy frigate, re-name it to "Liberator" and use her for their purposes. With the loss of the prototype and other problems to take care of, the Commonwealth Navy and NSO Industries stop reasearch on the frigate project.
Later, with the foundation of the Alliance, Indie and Commonwealth Navy unite, which makes the frigate's name "Liberator" official, and as she's the first ship of her class, it's the "Liberator"-class from now on.
But with work on the frigate project abandonned and corvettes and destroyers proven to be successful and effective enough, the Liberator-class frigate remains unnoticed by most of NSO's customers - The frigate remains a rare sight in Alliance space. A nice gadget for some factions, but most Navys prefer the well-known and well-tested corvetes and destroyers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #8259 by Shane
Got your email. I believe I can fix everything there and provide coordinates. Should be able to get the fixes to you tonight.

<edit> On their way. Let me know if anything else needs fixing.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 4 months ago #8357 by Shane
Boy... it's quiet on the forum today.

I've started redesigning the frigate as a high-poly movie model. It's really amazing what extra polys and some surfacing options can do.

After two and a half hours, I've completed one (yes, one) thruster tube for the frigate. :D

But boy what a difference. Here's a cut from the frigate showing the low-poly thruster tubes.

http://images.snapfish.com/3396%3A32%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E2323493%3B264%3A4ot1lsi

And here's the new high-poly textured thruster tube.

http://images.snapfish.com/3396%3A32%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3C2%3C%3D8%3A8%3DXROQDF%3E2323493%3B264%3A3ot1lsi

This stuff is oh so cool! [8D]

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 3 months ago #8544 by Cormorant
Sorry I didn't get to posting these pics earlier at this forum.
Here are some shots of the frigate in-game I-War 1.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8567 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
btw, when you use a 50% grey background your models are much easier to appricate, because black-on-black can be a little difficult to look at.

oh, and NIICE work

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
20 years 3 months ago #8622 by Cormorant
I've got a little question for the Epic folks and Shane:

How are the chances of seeing the frigate in Epic? If you're planning to include the ship, we might have a little kind of email-plenum to coordinate a few things on the ship, its abilities and its history without spoiling the others on the storyline of the Liberator-campaign.