Mod Wish List Here!

More
21 years 7 months ago #2953 by Mehrunes
Replied by Mehrunes on topic Mod Wish List Here!

Okay, quiz. What could cause the ScenarioMain() function to not get called? It's exported and in a package with the same name as the mod folder. I know the function isn't getting called because a debug message is the first thing in it. When I select launch scenario, the game just freezes. The debug message isn't in the flux.log.

This is making me really mad as it worked half an hour ago, and I was almost finished.:angry:

What did you change in the last half-hour? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2960 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Mod Wish List Here!
I don't know what I did; my brain isn't that organized. Since I can't seem to figure this out, murphy's law says I did something obviously stupid. I guess I'll just post the whole thing later tonight and let you guys look at it.

I'm off to pack stuff into a zip file.

Since I'm just putting up the whole mod, I'll tell everyone what I'm doing. I'm currently in the process of creating a mod that would allow the player to take up jobs like mining. The first logical step in this mod is creating a brand-new base gui. So far, I've made the main screen, and I'm almost done with the save/load functions. It's still pretty simple really.

The mod also currently has a small part of its own solar system. It's complete with a few planets and a whole station. Oooooh. The solar system is the usual Sol. It has the planets and moons out to Mars and the station is one asteroid base in the field between Mars and Jupiter. I've made sure to give everything pretty realistic values for distance from sun and size.

Sounds really good, but I've hardly gotten started on the mod, so don't expect much.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2962 by Mehrunes
Replied by Mehrunes on topic Mod Wish List Here!
Is this just a single system? Gramps said he had trouble making a cluster with one system, but one good system by itself would be extremely useful for testing purposes.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2965 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Mod Wish List Here!
It's a system just added on to the regular ones. I could always try removing the single lpoint, and commenting out the rest of the systems.

Update on posting the mod:
I can't seem to get Soup's ftp to work tonight, so I've sent him an email. You guys will probably get to help find my mistake tommorow.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2968 by Flamineo
Replied by Flamineo on topic Mod Wish List Here!

originally posted by EricMan64
When I select launch scenario, the game just freezes.

Sounds a lot like an atomic function with an infinite loop (something I've managed more than once). Since a debug print right at the top of ScenarioMain() isn't even being reached, though, it might be more obscure.

Hopefully someone'll figure it out from a look at the code: many eyes make fast debugging (and spaghetti code), and all that.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2975 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Mod Wish List Here!
Yes, it would be great if someone could get act 4 running in a brand new system. Even without traffic scripts. That would be a great help to all new cluster builders.

-Gtrout