Mod Wish List Here!

More
21 years 6 months ago #3022 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Mod Wish List Here!
Oh, I see what you're talking about now. Maybe, all multimod 'exit_space' scripts could be called. That should solve any problems with mods with cleanup scripts.

Tests confirm that the game saves and loads great using my functions. I created a second asteroid base in the solar system, I saved once at each base, then I could load up the saves for the bases, and it would go there. I'm not sure what would happen though if you used the load functions on the main page, since my mod scripts won't be active. Not something I'll worry about that much.

The only problem is when you enter a name for the saved game and you push 'p', it pauses. Input.SuspendBindings() doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 6 months ago #3024 by Mehrunes
Replied by Mehrunes on topic Mod Wish List Here!

The only problem is when you enter a name for the saved game and you push 'p', it pauses. Input.SuspendBindings() doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?

I believe SuspendBindings only works on bindings for scripts, not the keybinds for flight control and whatnot. You can clear all the bindings, but when you reload the config scheme only the hardcoded bindings work, all scripted packages have to rebind their functions. Kind of a nasty catch-22 with no known workaround.

More
21 years 6 months ago #3025 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Mod Wish List Here!
Perhaps something like this would work if you can find out what nodes are in question. Taken from the MP script:
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
// Don't want the following on the HUD
// We need to disable individual items as well as
// top level menus to avoid keyboard shortcuts from working
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_eng", false );
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_comms", false );
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_score", false );
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_doc", false );
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_map", false );
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_objectives", false );
// Not using remote linking either
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_cmd", false );
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_remote_link", false );
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_cancel_link", false );
iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_toggle_aim_assist", false );
</font id=code></pre id=code>

EDIT:
in other words:
The default.ini entry:

[icPlayerPilot.ToggleAimAssist]
Keyboard, X

dosen't work in the script in question after setting:

iHUD.SetMenuNodeEnabled( "hud_menu_toggle_aim_assist", false );

/EDIT

EOC/IWar2 Multiplayer Fansite

Edited by - MajorTom on 13 Oct 2002 23:27:12

More
21 years 6 months ago #3026 by EricMan64
Huh, I guess if you don't like the game pausing, you shouldn't make saves that use the letter 'p'. Deal with it.

That means the save/load functions are basically done. I took the time, to make my solar system the only one in my mod. I believe, you wanted me to try to make it that way for 'testing purposes'.

I'll zip up the mod, so I can post it.:)

More
21 years 6 months ago #3027 by EricMan64
Okay, mod is up:
www.i-war2.com/pogfiles/ericman64/em64_ ... eeform.zip

Any POGers (or geography'ers too now I guess) are welcome to use any useful functions from the mod. The source is all there. Just make sure I get some credit.

Some updates on why things are done as they are:
I found out that while the base screen comes up automaticaly while you load, it comes over the still-there space screen. Unfortunately, if you try to just pop off of the new base screen, the game desides to quit for no aparent reason. To make loading work right, I pop off the space screens just before calling the load functions, then when the base comes up I immediately pop that off just before restarting space. All the screen popping makes me think I have some bubble paper.

The scripts use the multimod 'enter_base' to know when to close the base off. This means that if you wish to incorporate the save/load functions into a mod that plans on using the standard base, you'll have to put in a global or something as a flag to mark when the base is coming up normally or for a load proceedure. Shouldn't be a difficult thing to do.

More
20 years 2 weeks ago #9441 by midget_man1993
Replied by midget_man1993 on topic Mod Wish List Here!
hey!pops can you make amissle that sets up waypoints for as long as the player is in space?