Mod Wish List Here!

More
21 years 7 months ago #2984 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Mod Wish List Here!
That's weird, because off of this, that first debug message still isn't coming out. I guess I'll try rewriting the first package.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2986 by Mehrunes
Replied by Mehrunes on topic Mod Wish List Here!

That's weird, because off of this, that first debug message still isn't coming out. I guess I'll try rewriting the first package.

LOL. Well, it took a while to figure out but I finally managed. It seems your two seperate packages uff_base and uff_gaspra are mutually dependent on each other, causing a lock-up whenever functions from either one are called. You have to modify them so that only uff_gaspra includes uff_base or vice-versa, they cannot both include each-other.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2987 by EricMan64
Ah, that sounds like the problem then. I'll see if it fixes things on my computer.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2988 by Flamineo
Replied by Flamineo on topic Mod Wish List Here!
It's working fine here with DockMain() moved to the _base package.

You probably also want to move em64_uff_base to the end of your includes -- otherwise you'll get undeclared identifier errors for the packages in _gaspra and the main package that come after it (this is fixable by adding the includes in the *.h file for _base, but why bother?).

iGame.StartNewGame is an exception to the Task.Detach() rule, I think -- it works for me without the task change, anyway. I do think you want this in Main(), though:
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>Task.Detach(start base_check());</font id=code></pre id=code>
It still works without a Detach, so maybe I'm wrong. [edit]In fact, this is bugging me now:

pog SDK
Typically a function or task which starts new tasks and then terminates will detach the new tasks as soon as it creates them, to ensure that they are not destroyed when it exits.

As far as I've previously understood pog multitasking, base_check() is a child of Main(), so it should die when Main() exits unless it's been detached. Anyone want to clue me in on what I'm missing?
[/edit]

The iShip.Dock() works fine with the linker problem fixed, incidentally, and I don't think there's any reason for the PlaceNear(), since Dock() moves the lower-priority sim to the higher anyway.

Like the swirly camera thing :D.

Edited by - Flamineo on 12 Oct 2002 21:37:28

Edited by - Flamineo on 12 Oct 2002 21:39:21

More
21 years 7 months ago #2990 by EricMan64
Yep, all the crazy problems seemed fixed now. I'm back to working on my save/load functions.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2992 by EricMan64
Whoa! Forgot to refresh the page, so I missed Flamineo's post entirely.

If I remember correctly, my experience has shown that tasks are only halted when not detached if they were called by a task. If they're called by a regular function, I don't think anything happens when the function ends.